Whether you move often or for the first time, you might just be thinking of hiring professional local moving services in your area. Preparing for the big move can be overwhelming, so make sure to make a plan.
You can start by deciding whether to hire professional movers or do it on your own. Deciding to DIY may largely help your budget but it is time-consuming. If you choose to hire the best movers in Toronto or the region, it’s simple. Just get all the necessary information and tips on how to hire a moving team and you are good to go.
Remember, your goal is to move without anxiety and de-stress during a move. Luckily, there are top 3 moving tips and tricks that will help you do exactly that.
What are some of the best moving tips?
Whether you are finally moving into that beautiful new apartment or maybe relocating your office space, you want to make sure everything goes smoothly. It’s time to get this moving business taken care of! Here is how to start.
1. Make a realistic moving plan
First, remember all the things you need to do before your big moving day. A moving checklist with a timeline might come in handy. This way, you can always keep track of your progress, stay organized, and don’t forget a thing.
At this point, you can decide whether you want to book professional moving services. Professional movers can handle almost everything for you, depending on your needs. Just make sure to book them in advance to make sure they’re available on your moving day.
Finally, make a reasonable moving budget. You can list all the expected expenses, but also be prepared for the unexpected ones. It’s better to have a bit more just in case.
2. Prepare for the moving day
Here are some hacks to try before the actual packing that will make your move way easier:
- Cleaning and decluttering: Start by cleaning the place up and getting rid of all the things you don’t need anymore, including your old clothes that are just taking up your closet space. You can even do a good deed and donate some of your old things or food sitting in your freezer to a local charity.
- Buying and finding free packing supplies: Plan early on just how much and what kind of supplies you need so you don’t have to run to the store when packing. You can borrow some packing supplies from your friends and go heavy on buying bubble wrap. It will make your life easier and your valuables safe. Of course, if you hire professional movers, they can also arrange this part for you.
- Invest in buying quality moving boxes: The last thing you want is boxes falling apart when moving them, so this might be just the most important item on the list. They are relatively inexpensive and worth the cost in the end.
3. Be practical when packing
Packing is all about saving time while making sure your belongings are nicely wrapped and protected. This way, you can make sure they don’t end up getting lost or destroyed.
So, put on some music and start packing. These are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t leave your boxes half empty. Instead, fill them with smaller items. On the other hand, be careful not to overpack, making the boxes too heavy to lift.
- Put heavier items on the bottom of the boxes and lighter on top.
- Color label your boxes with color stickers to always know what goes where. Use different colors for things that go in separate rooms..
- Save some space when packing clothes by rolling instead of folding. As for the clothes on hangers, just wrap them together in large garbage bags.
- Use your towels and other soft items to wrap up breakables or sharp things.
- Use plastic wraps when packing toiletries or items that can lead to a leak.
- Pack dishes sideways since they are less likely to break this way.
- Tape an X across mirrors to prevent them from shattering.
- When packing odd-shaped items like lamps, try to fit them well so they don’t waste your space.
- Finally, leave tasks for the movers. If you hire a moving company, let movers pack your furniture and other heavy things.
Where to find the best movers across Greater Toronto?
Look no further than Miracle Movers! As the leading local moving company in Toronto, we tailor our quality services to meet your specific needs. Whether cross-province, cross-border, or local task, our professional crew will pack and move your home or office space in no time while you sit back and enjoy a show at the The Royal Conservatory of Music.
From residential moving to relocating your office area, we provide you with everything you need for a comfortable and stress-free move. Contact us today and get ready for a unique experience!