If you wanted to transport a car across Canada, you’d have to travel thousands of kilometers. Compare that with the time needed to hire Miracle Movers and the right decision will be perfectly clear. At Miracle Movers, we offer dependable car shipping services to customers across Canada with the aim of minimizing the hassle of the relocation process and transporting your vehicle to the end destination safely and expertly.
If you have a car you’d like shipped, keep on reading to learn more about car shipping or contact Miracle Movers for more information!
How do you prepare a car for shipping?
If you’ve never had your car transported, you probably have no clue about what to expect. Here is a comprehensive checklist that will help you prep your car for shipment:
- Think about the climate. Make sure that your vehicle is ready for the climate of the final destination. This refers to transmission oil, engine coolant, and any other fluids that may cause damage to your car.
- Check your car’s mechanical condition. Make sure that your tires are sufficiently inflated, your battery in good shape, and that your emergency brake is fully functional.
- Report any pre-existing damage. Your car shipping company won’t be responsible for any damage that results from pre-existing scratches, cracks, nicks, chips, or other imperfections.
- Turn off the alarms. Make sure to turn off all the alarms and let us know about any special instructions in terms of starting the vehicle or turning off the alarms.
- Don’t forget the fuel. Since we will be driving your vehicle onto or off trucks, railcars, and around terminal compounds, your tank should be at least 1/4 full.
- Prepare the keys. Don’t forget to provide your shipping carrier with one set of keys for the vehicle.
- Remove or lower antennas. Make sure to lower or remove any antennas on your vehicle, including temporary options such as CB radio or cell phone antennas.
- Remove stereos/GPS. Take out any removable stereos and GPS devices from the vehicle before giving it to the shipping carrier.
- Remove hanging items. If you have air dams, fairings, or spoilers on your vehicles, make sure to remove or raise them to ensure sufficient clearance and enable easy loading on and off rails and ramps.
- Lock or bolt canopies/caps. If you have a pick-up truck, secure any canopies or caps to the box of the truck.
- Remove non-permanent luggage. If you have removable bike or ski racks, or any other non-permanent luggage, remove it or store it in the back hatch area or in the trunk.
- Don’t leave any personal belongings behind. We strongly advise you to remove any personal belongings from the vehicle. This includes everything from sunglasses and radar detectors to sun deflectors and CDs.
- Contact your insurance company. Make sure to check with your insurance provider if your insurance applies during car transport.
What can you leave in the vehicle during transport?
Although most of your personal items should be removed from your vehicle before shipping, there are some exceptions. These include:
- One set of snow tires if they are properly stowed
- The tires should be stowed in the hatch/trunk area and shouldn’t exceed the rear setback height, not counting the headrests.
- If the tires can’t fit in the hatch or truck, you should stow any remaining tires behind
- If the tires aren’t stowed properly, they won’t be allowed for shipment.
- Safely secured child seats
- Wheel wrench, booster cables, jack
- First aid and emergency kits
- Roof racks if they don’t exceed the maximum dimensions of the railcar
Even though the above mentioned exceptions are allowed in your vehicle during shipment, Miracle Movers won’t be liable for these items if they get lost or damaged.
Enjoy the perks of professional car shipping with Miracle Movers
Many first-time customers of car shipping services are not aware of the numerous perks this service brings. Here are some of the most important benefits of hiring professionals to ship your car:
- Swift delivery: transporting a vehicle across Canada can take days. If you want to minimize the time needed for your car to reach its destination, contacting Miracle Movers is the best choice.
- Comprehensive services: if you are moving long-distance and need your car transported, too, having a full-service moving company is definitely the way to go.
- Competitive prices: a long-haul move can be quite expensive, there’s no denying that. At Miracle Movers, we always strive to give you the best value for your money.
- Maximum convenience: if you’ve ordered your car from across the country, you can have it shipped to your doorstep with zero hassle.
A rich variety of car shipping services to choose from
A reputable shipping and moving company should offer several different options to their valued customers. The difference between these services typically has to do with your preferred shipping times, budget, and the final destination. Here are the most common shipping options available:
- Door to door services
- Terminal to terminal services
- Enclosed transport
At Miracle Movers, we offer all of these services as well as different combinations, such as transport from door to terminal. Additionally, we offer enclosed transport as a service add-on to customers who want extra protection for their vehicles.
We bring you the best vehicle shipping in Canada
Professional car shipping is a booming industry that allows customers to purchase vehicles across the world and have them shipped directly to their homes. At Miracle Movers, we pride ourselves on delivering highly reliable car shipping services to customers across Canada and beyond.
What’s more, we are also your go-to partner for local moving, hassle-free cross-province moving, the finest cross-border moving, and the leading office moving services in Toronto and across Canada. No matter what your moving needs might be, get in touch with us today and enjoy premium quality services!